How to Save Money While Giving!
Something about shopping during the holidays makes most people joyful, but it can also take a toll on your bank balance. What we all love besides giving presents is saving money while giving presents. While holiday shopping has the biggest sales to shop from, it can be overwhelming, and oftentimes cost you a lot of money in the short run. However, there is an EASIER and more SUSTAINABLE way to prepare for the holidays: Post-Holiday Shopping!
Everyone knows Halloween candy prices spike up in October, and then go on sale the day after. Likewise, the easiest way to not break the bank on next year’s gifts is by post-holiday shopping. It’s an excellent opportunity to stock up on gifts for upcoming birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, or even buying holiday décor for the 2024 holiday season!
Why is post-holiday buying so popular?
- Retailers offer great deals to get rid of items they didn’t sell during the normal holiday buying season.
- It’s the season of returns and folks can’t help but buy more stuff
- Gotta spend those gift cards!
The best deals in December:
- Holiday Décor. Has your tree seen better years? Expect post-holiday sales to offer up to 75% off this year!
- Clothing. Retailers typically mark their clothing items (especially winter) down up to 70%. Better yet, shop at the outlet stores to find even more savings.
- Gift cards. They often come with additional perks, like a gift card for you!
- Tools. Have a handyman or woman in the family with a birthday coming up in the first quarter of the year? This is a great time to save on tools!
- Wedding dresses. Designers tend to put out new collections in January. This means, they’re offering discounts in December.
The best deals in January:
- Bedding. White sales are common in January, offering excellent savings on bedding of all kinds.
- Exercise equipment. With health-related New Year’s Resolutions all too common, this is the time to find the best deals.
- Gym memberships. Same as above. Those New Year’s Resolutions make January a great time of year to take advantage of gym deals.
- TVs. With Super Bowl right around the corner, January tends to see great deals on TVs and related equipment to watch the big game in grand style.
- Kitchen and home appliances. This tends to be a good time of year to see savings on items like vacuum cleaners, air fryers, and more.
Tips to make the best of your Post-Holiday Shopping
- Create a list of people you plan on gifting this year, including birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions.
- Set a budget for each event/person.
- If it is someone special, make note of things they might like in case you want to get it later in time.
- Wait to make big purchases, do the smaller and easier to predict shopping such as getting grandma a Sherpa blanket to stay warm in or a scarf for mom. By shopping for these early on, there's no chance of going wrong because they are not irreplaceable items.
- Check off items as you go along and be sure to stay within the budget, then you can see the real savings at the end.
- Shop with your Texas Bay Platinum Rewards Mastercard®1 and take advantage of Double Points offered now through January 2nd. Then watch for other special double-the-points dates during 2024.
- Open a Christmas Club account and start depositing money so you can create a fund for 2024 Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals.
With all the different ways to start saving and shopping a better way, let our tools be resourceful for you. Our products and services are made to ensure your finances are handled properly and with much care. Likewise, we want you to save when you run errands or go on a post-season shopping spree. Banking should be made easy.
1 0% introductory rate on balance transfers and 5.80% intro rate on purchases for 6 months from the date your account is opened. After that, a standard variable APR will be 13.24% to 18.00% based on your creditworthiness. Cash Advance Fee of $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater. Balance Transfer Fee of $10 or 3% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater. Foreign Transaction Fee of up to 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars in addition to any other applicable fee. No annual fee. Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.