Member Scholarship Program
2024 Official Rules
Texas Bay Credit Union (TBCU) is pleased to offer five $3,000 scholarships to student members. This scholarship is open to high school seniors who want to further their education. Please read the following instructions and requirements carefully before completing the application at the bottom of the page, to find out how we can help you become the next Texas Bay Scholarship recipient.
Candidates must meet all the following requirements:
- Scholarship applicant (not applicant's parent) must be a TBCU member prior to applying
- Applicant's account must be in good standing
- Applicant must be able to provide TBCU with a written acceptance letter to an accredited U.S. 2 or 4 year college or university or vocational school that will award a degree upon completion
- Applicant must submit all required attachments with application
- Applicant's high school or college transcripts must reflect a GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Incomplete applications will not be eligible
TBCU employees and family members of TBCU employees are not eligible for this scholarship. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete the application in its entirety
- Make sure to include all required attachments (see below) with completed application
Scholarship entry packet must be submitted online by 11:59 pm, March 24, 2024. Finalists selected by the TBCU scholarship committee will be contacted by April 15, 2024.
Please submit the following attachments along with completed application to TBCU through our online application. Any applications submitted that do not have all the required attachments will be ineligible.
- Copy of applicant's high school transcript with GPA (Unofficial)
- An academic and extracurricular resume
- One current letter of recommendation. Letter must be from a professional/scholastic reference. The letter should be dated and include the name, address, and phone number of the referrer. The letter must state how long and in what capacity the referrer knows the applicant.
- Completed essay covering the essay topic. (See below for essay details and topic)
All applicants must include a typed essay between 500-600 words. The essay topic is:
Basil Moreau described education as "the art of helping young people to completeness." How are you incomplete?
Criteria for Selection
In addition to eligibility guidelines, the following will be considered in selecting recipients:
- Academic Performance - Academic performance and honors, class rank, and ACT/SAT scores
- Activities - Community and school activities, involvement, leadership positions, and awards/recognition
- Essay - Minimum 500 words typed essay on assigned topic
- Financial Need